Friday, December 11, 2009

THE INCOMPLETE LOVE


Continuation of ‘UNDER A SPELL’ & ‘THE TRUST – WITHIN ME, IN YOU’
There are times when relations don’t work out, there are times when partners don’t understand each other, and there are times when this so sacred thing as love is just wasted away………
Cressida walks into her room, checks her cell, take out some assignments & starts working on them… 5 minutes later again checks her cell, but nothing…. Distracted goes back to her work again……. But the uncertainty, the doubts, the fear are all messed up in her head….
It’s been months we have been together. Time passes so quickly J A lot happened all this while. Arguments, misunderstandings, confessions, love letters, secret smiles, speechless talks, the looks….. EVERYTHING….. It’s beautiful… But it’s scary too….. Cause no matter what, I can’t read him as clearly I should. And there is always this uncertainty of breaking apart…….
Anyways, no matter how miserable I would sort it out……
Checks her cell again, no calls, no sms…….. The anxiety growing…. Where is he? He does not feel like being in touch or what? Why does he ignore me at times? God what should I do????
After 6 hours, cell ringing
Cressida : Hey
Friend : Hey, Wassuppp
Cressida : Wassup my foot, where have you been?
Friend : Was with friends, didn’t realize the time. Came home & then slept
Cressida : But atleast you can take out a minute to just inform? I was worried
Friend : Cressida………………………
Cressida –( Silent )
Friend – What happened?
Cressida – You know it’s not working this way. You hardly care, you hardly inform, you don’t care where I am, you just do things when you want to…… Why is it always about YOU???
Friend : I know it’s not working out. I don’t know but I am normally very concerned about where my girl is, I keep a tab on her, but with you, I don’t know why it’s not coming out?
Cressida : What’s my fault in all of this? I mean where did I go wrong? Why do you have to make me go through this? Firstly no commitment from your side, and then this?
Friend : I know it’s my fault. When have I blamed you Cressida? But I don’t know what’s wrong? Why is’nt it coming out?
Cressida : (Silently Sobbing) Well maybe then we should just end this… I mean if feelings only are not there, then what’s the use….. I guess this was the last thing I had to hear, you not being concerned… I am glad you said it today………..
Keeps the call off
I sit in a room, wondering……
LOVE….. F*** man, it screws you up right?
Are you crazy Cressida? It was LOVE… You loved him, you still do, don’t curse it
What’s the dam use of it when you here, crying, just because now you know he does not care, HE DOES NOT CARE
So what if he does not care? But once upon a time, you did share yourself with him, he was everything to you, you wanted him Cressida, you had him and you were happy. Why crying now?
Cry, Cry & Cry…. I told you this would happen. Bloody keep your heart at stake and suffer. God dammid it aches right, it’s aching right? Didn’t I tell you? Didn’t I warn you?
Cressida, how would you have had those beautiful memories if not with him? Was’nt it worth it?
Huh, it was’nt… It never was… Don’t you see it? Did’nt you hear it? He was just fooling around. He must have got someone else now. Get over it Cressida, throw him out.
Don’t blame him Cressida. He can’t be so bad. You know he’s not. He cared and he loved you. Maybe not the way you used to but something was there…. But yes, GET OVER IT. Save yourself from this pain… get over it Cressida, get over it…. Forget him
And Cressida sleeps. Her deepest sleep ever. Tears though still streaming from her eyes….
Cressdia : ( It’s not going to be easy. Seeing him everyday in front of me, recalling every bit of my time with him, every single second and still not able to talk to him, wanting him to come back but still ignoring him, trying to show him that you hate him no matter my eyes still brimming with tears at the sight of him….. It’s not going to be easy…. But then Love has never been easy……. )
The fears finally came true, the smile finally vanished, the dreams finally shattered……. And they both go on their separate paths….. Finally In their different directions…….. But seriously, was it worth it???????

2 comments:

Saif Farooqi said...

I really liked the way you described each and every minute details of the whole account. I must say that is is very well written. You captured the insecurities of the girl very well.

My latest post addresses somewhat similar issues and that's what compelled me to comment on your post.

Keep writing!

Neha said...

thanks a tonne dear