Saturday, October 30, 2010

When I look Back…



Life is fast. Really fast… Days change into months & months into years, & years just fly by. I could not be more aware of a moment… A moment of my life…. Because at this very juncture, I put my life to a standstill, atleast for a few minutes & look back
I look back & I find myself in my bedroom, getting ready for school, creating fuss over breakfast, rushing to catch school bus & finally reaching school. And school was fabulous. Classes, teachers, subjects, aim less gossips, exams & most importantly FRIENDS. The friends with whom notes were shared, with whom recess were spent, talking at the last seat of the bus and what not…. Images like those are crystal clear.
And now, I still get ready, but for my office. I still create fuss over my breakfast & rush off to my car & drive & reach office………………… And office is so different. Classes replaced by cabins, subjects replaced by products, aimless gossips converted to mindless bitching, report cards are now score cards & most important are Bosses…. The entire day goes running & running with no peace of mind…. A harsh reality which one cannot forget.
I look back & I find myself in my college… being independent, metro/car rides, coffee with friends, outing with groups, seminars, politics, event proposals & I can go on & on. Even in those days we could not sleep at night…. Exams, presentations, cell phone and Orkut/Facebook
But now… car drive to office is more of a pain, coffee we still have but while discussing our targets… outings we still have, but to our clients place… Politics is still there, but in a more unhealthy way, & finally we still can’t sleep at night, because of worries in life…..

I look back & I find myself all decked up, for my cousin’s wedding. Marriages are sooooo much fun. New clothes, accessories, music, laughter, dancing, festivity and what not…. Family get togethers, wishes being shared, dancing in the baraat & then complaining of being so occupied, through the entire ceremony that we could’nt even check out the menu L
And today, I am again decked up….. not for anyone else’s ceremony but my own. Clothes, accessories, music, festivity, dancing & all of it…. And my countdown in my very own house. I look around & realize that probably after few months, this is the place I would have to leave, my mum wont be the first person I see in the morning, my sister wont be there to irritate me and my father not there to handle my tantrums….. This ALL to be replaced by that one guy, who will come & change my life forever. Any life will be different…. Very different……..

As I said, years just fly by…. Memories remain & so their evidences….. I look back and find myself reading Sweet Valley Twins…. And now I write this………..Life moves constantly, & by the time you finish reading this, my life would have moved on & so has yours…. But once in a while, its good to stop & look back J

8 comments:

Mohitmits said...

hey babes; I realy got senti by reading this. I wish you all the happiness of the life. keep smiling...I am always there for you...love you always:))))

Vipul Pathak said...

Nice post... All the best for your married life.. May you people get very well and may he bring the everlasting joy in your life. And, Whenever you look back you find yourself happier than before. :)

Unknown said...

You write already, 'start' didn't make sense then..

For a junior to be critical is unnerving, but since I noticed.
Isn't this very raw data, as in, as simply there as you might have felt it. Its left in mid air, without a conclusion or a direction. It portrays a series of emotions added with oblivion, is that the intention?

Neha said...

Maxy - :)))))))))

vipul - thank u :)

laksh - ur 'already' 'start' is so haywire, u didnt even mention where is it causing confusion.... secondly,yes it portrays ONLY a series f emotions... My posts (if u'v read dem) r an expression f thoughts nly, it need not hav a conclusion always

Unknown said...

You've taken everything quite personally, fulfilling my apprehensions.

'Start'; refer to your FB status. I wrote that word there. Break the sentence and read, I didn't foresee the other meaning it might carry.

I find it suitable to see concrete, not the taste for everyone.

All in good health dear, all for a happy life.

Neha said...

oh god laksh, i didnt even knw it ws U.... obv cud'nt relate wid d 'start'.......
n yea, my blog is mre f an expression, not a conclusion thingy.... varies frm person to person i gues

Anonymous said...

THE LETTER TALKED TO ME ABOUT UR SELF...
AWESOME POSTS!!!
HAPPY TO READ THIS

Neha said...

thanks so mch :)